Every time we prepare ourselves to launch another learning space - we experience feelings of anticipation, excitement, and gratitude for the learning that we are about to engage. Thank you for choosing to be here with us!
This is the first of many password protected Participant Pages for the 101 Cohort for Fall 2019. These pages are for registered participants only.
Please keep your interactions here in alignment with our Agreements and per our Agreement of Confidentiality, please do not share or allow viewing of any Participant Page with anyone who is not registered.
Participants will utilize Participant Pages to:
- View the weekly homework assignment
- Peer-to-peer learning via comments, questions, and connections among the participants of the cohort
September 5th, 6-9pm @ 714 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211
Homework for Week 1 (~60 mins):
A note about homework: Most people find some aspects of the homework familiar and some unfamiliar. Our intention is that each of you feel some amount of stretching. Remember that we will all be stretching and it’s in that place that we will find ourselves changing and growing.
WATCH (35 mins): Whitewashed: Unmasking the World of Whiteness
Prepare a journal and REFLECT (~15 mins) on these questions:
- What feelings am I experiencing about joining a white affinity anti-racism group?
- What do I believe about my role as a white person in the anti-racism movement?
Fuel CONNECTION (~10 mins) with each other in the comments by sharing a little about yourself and what's coming up for you in the homework (staying focused on race).
SONGS OF LIBERATION: Each week we will offer you a song to add to your playlist as you journey toward collective liberation. This week we offer Skip Marley's Lions.
IN-PERSON SESSION REMINDERS:
- Please bring a snack to share with others. We will provide plates, cups, cutlery, and napkins.
- Doors open at 5:30pm so that you can get something to eat, greet each other, and get settled before we begin at 6pm.
- Bring your notebook and anything else you personally need to help you stay engaged.