AWA Event: no. NOT EVER.
Tuesdays 6-7:30pm PST (Jan 11-Jun14) or Thursdays 6-7:30pm PST (Jan 13-Jun 16)
The Alliance of White Abolitionists (AWA) seeks to fuel connection among white people who are engaged to abolish white dominance from within the white community.
Join us as we visit the no.NOT EVER. multi-media installation pushing back at the rise of white nationalism in the current moment. Hosted by Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA), this video-centered “living archive” depicts a wide-range of rural and suburban organizing strategies from the 1980’s and 1990’s that say “no. NOT EVER.” to white nationalism in the Pacific Northwest. This exhibition is organized as a community-centered resource to support groups, individuals, and projects doing anti-racist and anti-fascist culture-building in their own ways and contexts.
Before registering, please note:
- This AWA Event is a single day event on December 7th from 11am – 2pm.
- 11am: Meet at PNCA Library to view and interact with the no. NOT EVER. installation
- 12:30pm: Meet at Casa Tolteca for discussion (lunch at your option/not provided)
- Registration required so that we can let both places know an expected number of participants.
- PNCA opens at 9am – so if you think you’d like more time with the installation, feel free to arrive before 11am.
- We encourage everyone to bring what they need to help them stay present and engaged.
- We will limit the number of participants in order to keep the discussion intimate. Registration deadline is December 5th! If you attempt to register and the event is full, please fill out a contact form to get on the waiting list. If you register and end up not able to participate, please notify us so that we can invite someone from the waiting list.