Stamps Cohort (2A) Launch (2nd Wednesdays)
September 11 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This 2A Learning Cohort serves as the next level for those who identify as “white” and who wish to deepen their practice to abolish white dominance in themselves and the white community beyond the 1A/1B cohorts. This cohort will focus on a deepening internalization and application of white dominance abolition work within an active practicum model while remaining rooted in self-reflection and solidarity to black and brown people.
Before registering, please note:
- The Stamps (2A) Cohort will meet the following dates: September 11th, October 2nd (1st Wednesday due to a conflict), November 13th, December 11th, January 8th and February 12th. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all 6 of the in-person sessions and engage in homework assignments in between sessions. Sessions are set for 3 hour blocks of time (6-9pm) and meet once per month.
- We ask participants to bring a snack to share with others. We will provide plates, utensils, and napkins.
- This cohort is categorized as a 2A Learning Cohort and falls in sequence after 1B and before 2B.
- A deposit of $100 is required to participate. As we lean into our values, we have chosen to operate our business in a way that practices an active rejection of capitalism. We trust participants of the cohorts to make the decision of how much to pay for the learning received. We ask participants to balance the value of the learning personally received along with financial ability and support for our ongoing work. Participants are welcome to break up additional contribution over several payments, if desired. As a white facilitator, I’m conscious of concerns about me benefiting financially from this work. I am the only person in my immediate family that identifies as white and the income I make doing this work supports my family’s well-being. Additionally, I am a strong supporter of reparations and donate a minimum of 20% of all revenue to people of color outside of my family.
- Registration deadline for the Stamps (2A) Cohort is August 28th, 2019. Within a few days after the deadline, participants will be sent the prerequisite homework assignment and a login to the JORE website for homework discussion threads.