Webinar: Role of White People (11/24-12/22)
November 24, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Zoom Video Call, (download the Zoom app),
This 5-week webinar series will explore the Role of White People in liberation movements. If you identify as “white” and are feeling overwhelmed, stuck, or disconnected, this webinar is for you. Come along with us as we root in the unique and specific role for white people in liberation from white dominance. We will confront the problem with “allyship”, stretch into actualized solidarity, and develop skills for intracultural (white person to white person) responsibility in the mission to end race-based injustice.
Before registering, please note:
- This Webinar: The Role of White People will meet live 2:00-3:00pm PST on the following dates: November 24th, December 1st, December 8th, December 15th, and December 22nd. The webinar will be recorded and made available for all who are registered. If you are not able to attend the live events or want to listen again, recordings will be made available.
- Weekly homework assignments are offered to build common memory and prepare us for upcoming discussions. You can expect to spend 20-30 minutes per week on homework. If you aren’t able to attend to the homework, we still encourage you to attend the live event and return to the homework when you are able.
- Once you register, please watch for an email with the invitation to the participant page on our website and a link you will need to use to register with Zoom if you plan to attend the live event.
- Cost: Sliding Scale $50, $125, $200 ($10, $25 and $40 per session). We do not wish for finances to be a barrier to your participation so please let us know if you need a scholarship.
- Registration deadline: November 22nd. This is a hard deadline so that participants have time to prepare the homework and we have time to prepare all logistics for the live event.